Friday, January 9, 2009

Rock that Moon Bounce, baby!


So the other night I was driving shuttles, and a girl asked me if I could drop her off 'Near the BFC'.  I said I would, and then wondered if she wanted me to drop her off closer to her destination, since she had only said 'Near the BFC'.  She said anywhere near there was fine, and eventually said any place between the BFC and the SSC was good.  I thought this was a little odd, since that space is a large open area mostly used to park vehicles, and the NASA Moon Habitat prototype (which I refer to as NASA's Moon Bounce).
After I dropped her off and was driving away, I saw two other people I knew walking past the SSC.  At that point it occurred to me that something might have been going on at the Moon Bounce, and given the secretive nature it might be a party.
This morning at our shop's morning meeting one of my coworkers informed us that there was a party at the Moon Bounce, which was broken up by the station manager.  

Kinda a poor choice of location, considering the NSF Chalet is across the lot from the Moon Bounce.  Even more so when you consider the Moon Bounce is loaded with cameras to monitor it.

I keep finding out about all the 'secret parties', mainly because I know a guy.

No comments: