Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Suspiciously Auspicious

So I drove the 60 or so miles to Denver (technically Littleton) to check into the hotel the company has set me up at during training.  I talked to the nice girl at the desk, and apparently they did not have me listed for a reservation.  I'll chalk that one up to me being a recent addition (I got my amended offer in the last TWO WEEKS) and that I only got my itinerary around Thursday last week.  She kept saying it was alright, that she could set me up in a room anyways.
This room surprises me.  It has a nice bedroom, a HUGE bathroom, a living room and a complete kitchen (though no oven, yes a dishwasher).  The Staybridge Suites in Park Meadows is very nice indeed.  There is even a small store in the lobby where I can buy food to make my own dinner, like spaghetti.
Lets hope that my training days go better.  I still don't know what I am doing tomorrow, or even when.  My only clue is that the shuttle for the company leaves at 7:00am, and that my itinerary for Wednesday lists that training begins that day at 7:30am.  It would have been nice if they were more thorough in putting together their 2-day orientation schedule (which really should be 3 or 4 days long to match my itineraries).
And they had better have made my plane reservations.

Ah, I just noticed that the bathtub in my shower has a fold-down wooden seat.

No comments: