Sunday, December 21, 2008

Excuse me my kind sir, hast thou seen mine brains?

My head is a bit fuzzy today.  It sometimes gets that way after I have spent the entire day reading, which I did.  Today.  And some of yesterday.  And lots of the day before that though with less obvious effects.
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is an awesome book series that I fully endorse (though am not getting reimbursed in any way, shape, or form to endorse as such).  If I ever go completely insane (which I may do by the end of my contract period down here) I hope it'll be something very similar to the events in that book.

Also, today I was staring at myself in a mirror and noticed a gray hair or two.  This is either definitive proof that 26 is 'Old' (as I have just turned 26 not two weeks ago) or that Antarctica is a harsh continent (I will take that more seriously now the next time I hear it, as I hear it often) and that it will chew you up and spit you out, then set you on fire and dance on the ashes while singing "I'm a little teapot" and rubbing itself down with a bowl of pudding as if it were bath soap, thus proving how much this place is not something to be messed with. 

I am sure there was a much better way to contruct that last thought, but the book I have just finished has severely warped the way in my brain processes.

With any luck, tonight will result in some quite interesting dreams and I will awake to an interesting new reality.

No comments: